KEEPING IT CASUAL IN DENIM
I love me a good pair of denim jeans! My fixation for denim started during my first retail job at a denim shop about ten years ago. I began to notice how much versatility just a single pair of jeans can offer. Not only are they versatile but they're personal as well. A good pair of jeans will look as though they were made specifically for you and make you feel like a badass!
Over time, I have curated a nice variety of jeans that I feel are perfect for me. My personal preferences are between boyfriends and skinnies. Some are distressed, plain, high waist, selvage, light or dark washed.
My 5 tips for finding your perfect pair:
1. Understand fits. Do some research before heading to the store. Do you want coverage around your mid-section? Maybe you will want to look for mid-rise.
2. Take note of different styles you might want to try on but also be-open minded. You never know what style might actually flatter you most. Wide-leg? Straight? Boyfriends?
3. Visit shops with a wide selection to choose from and ask for help from a salesperson. They have the expertise and knowledge to steer you in the right direction.
4. Patience - jeans are one of the most difficult articles of clothing to shop for. You will have to try on many before finding your pair. But, it will totally be worth it at the end, promise!
5. Visit a tailor! Lengths are negotiable and an easy fix. Don't let jeans that are too long for you be a deal breaker.
More useful tips here.